What does the test consist of?
The practical test is a two-part test, both of which you have to pass to attain your licence. These parts are known as module one and module two.
This section comprises a 20-minute off-road driving module which tests riders on the following skills:
- Wheeling the moped or motorcycle and using the stand.
- Riding a slalom and figure of 8.
- A slow ride.
- A U-turn.
- Cornering and a controlled stop.
- Cornering and an emergency stop (minimum speed of 19mph for mopeds and 32mph for motorcycles).
- Cornering and hazard avoidance (minimum speed of 19mph for mopeds and 32mph for motorcycles).