Before you are able to legally ride a moped or motorbike on the road you must complete your CBT*.

If you are planning to ride a geared bike, then we would recommend that you take one of our taster lessons before booking the CBT.

More information on the CBT.
Book your CBT

To be able to take the CBT, you will need either a full UK driving licence or a provisional licence.

Apply for a provisional licence.

*The only exception to this is if you have passed your driving test before 1 February 2001. In which case you can ride a moped with no L plates, without taking a CBT course or the full moped test. Legally, a moped is defined as a motorcycle with an engine no bigger than 50cc and a maximum speed of 28mph.